Many people want to actively participate in outdoor activities as this gives them an opportunity to experience a life free of hustle and bustle of the city. The good news for US hikers is that there are many hiking trails all over the United States. These hiking trails provide an opportunity to beginners and expert level hikers to put their skills to test.
However, hiking is quite a challenging activity and the hikers need to be well equipped for the job ahead. If you want to embark upon this adventurous journey, then you have to ensure that you have the proper hiking gear with you.
The most essential aspect is that you need to identify the best walking boots for men.
|Hi–Tec Men’s Altitude IV||Rubber||Leather & Textile|
|Timberland Men’s Chocorua Gore-Tex Hiker||Rubber||Leather|
|Merrell Moab Ventilator||Vibram||Leather & Mesh|
|Maelstrom® TAC FORCE 8” Tactical Police Duty||Rubber||Textile & Synthetic|
|Keen Targhee II Mid Waterproof||Rubber||Leather|
When you are shopping for boots there are many things to consider. You should be able to master the art of identifying different parts of the boots meant for hiking and their functions as well.
You should also be able to understand the significance of certain features, and this way you will be able to make the best pick.
They are certain features that would impact the performance of the best walking boots for men. Listed below are these features to look out for, so that it will make your job a lot easier.
- Weight of the boots
Your prime aim is that you want to walk with ease. The best walking boots will be the ones that are light in weight. The lightweight boots will add to your comfort and convenience as well.
- The level of water resistance
Moisture can turn out to be the biggest enemy for you when you are hiking. The reason is that moisture can cause blisters. Make sure to buy boots made up of waterproof, yet breathable material. Such boots would not allow moisture to touch your feet.
- Mandatory lateral rigidity
One thing you definitely don’t want wen hiking is a twisted ankle. Well there is a perfect solution to this problem – you should opt for higher boots that offer support to the ankles.
- Superior longitudinal rigidity
When you are hiking the surfaces tend to be uneven. There are chances that you might over bend your feet and you may end up putting excess weight on the toe or your heel. Your boots should be designed in a way that they should protect your feet from over bending and should offer adequate longitudinal flexibility.
- Support for arch of the feet
The best men’s hiking boot supports the arch of your foot. This way your feet would not flatten out under heavy pressure A curved shank insertion between the midsole and insole facilitates the arch support.
You should also be familiar with each and every component of the best men’s walking boot. A good understanding would facilitate a better selection. The following are the key components of the hiker’s boots to keep in mind :-
- The laces secure the boots to the hiker’s feet and connect at a place on the front of the boots known as an eyelet. When you are searching for the best boots make sure that the laces are of a durable material as well. These small details will end up making a lot of difference.
- The screen collar is the padding around your ankle and it prevents dirt and debris from entering the boots. Secure and good quality padding would add to your comfort.
- The fitting is the key element to keep into consideration when buying your boots. The tongue is the basic covering that goes on top of your foot and it should offer convenient adjustment of the fitting of the boot.
- The inside of the boot is the insole and the inner is the padding underneath your insole. The insole and the inner needs to be made of top quality material.
- The upper connects the sole to the rest of the boot. The upper should be made up of material that facilitates the perspiration to evaporate with ease. This helps to avoid bad foot odour in the boots.
- Last, but not the least, the best walking boots for men should have durable sole that can absorb shock with ease.
If you keep these key elements into consideration when shopping for your walking boots, you will be able to make the best choice for you and your feet.
What are the most comfortable hiking boots for men?
Hiking requires you to walk for hours on end, so your foot protection and comfort is essential. If you ignore this hiking journey can be a complete disaster. Most people make a common mistake and think that athletic boots can prove to be a good replacement for hiking footwear, but that is not the case.
Athletic boots can just give you the comfort and shock protection. They do not facilitate the support for the ankles and feet on a rough terrain. They should have a proper fit, along with the support and protection.
You have to invest your energy and effort in figuring out the most comfortable men’s hiking boots.
Top Hiking Boots for Men
You have already developed an understanding of what it takes to find a top quality walking boot. You should also understand the significance of comfortable walking boots by now, so let us move to the top brands available in the market today.
This way you would not have to compromise on second best.
- Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Boots are a great selection and can be termed as good hiking boots for men. You can get these boots in charcoal and black in color. They are made of leather and have a rubber sole.
- Vasque Men’s Mantra 2.0 GTX Hiking Shoes also do not lag behind in the race. These boots are available in two colors. One is beluga and the other one is old gold. These boots are breathable and waterproof – two essential requirements.
- Merrell Men’s Pulsate Mid Waterproof Boots are also one of the top rated men’s hiking boots. These boots are abrasion resistant and the bellows tongue helps to keep debris out. These boots are also waterproof.
- Lockton Mens Waterproof Hiking Boots Mid Top Ankle Support Walking Trekking are also great quality boots for hiking. They are available in two great colors – dark grey and light brown. These boots are quite high and offer adequate ankle support.
- Salomon Men’s XA Pro 3D Ultra 2 GTX Trail Running Shoe can also be categorized under best hiking shoes men. These boots have immense qualities. They are made up of leather and have a rubber sole. These boots are stable and lightweight.
- Merrell Men’s Moab Ventilator Mid Hiking Footwear are an appropriate selection as well. These boots are available in a walnut color. These boots are made of leather and they have a special mesh lining that prevents the moisture from entering into the boots.
- KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Boots would also be able to meet most hikers expectations. These boots fall in the category of top rated men’s hiking boots. These boots are moisture resistant and lightweight. They have a removable footbed and EVA midsole for attaining the much needed support.
- Danner Men’s Mountain Light II Outdoor Boots will definitely catch your attention. They have a classic look and are made up of pure grain leather. You would find these boots to be water resistant and breathable as well. This surely makes them a worthy pick.
- Timberland Men’s Whiteledge Hiker Boots are also good hiking shoes for men. They come in tan and wheat color. They facilitate comfort through the EVA footbed and have a waterproof construction.
- Patagonia Men’s Drifter AC GTX Waterproof Boots also fall in the category of best hiking shoes men. The EVA footbed facilitated by these boots provides all the support you need. The sole board would provide you the stability that you might require on a rough terrain.
These shoes would guarantee you a great hiking experience. The reason for mentioning the names is to help you make the most appropriate pick and add pleasure to your hiking experience.
Best Hiking Shoes for Men Reviews
Now that we have identified the best mens shoes for hiking, we would also have a look at their pros and cons as identified by customers. The following are hiking shoes for men reviews so that are able to strike the best deal. Columbia Men’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot are good hiking shoes for men and provide you perfect fitting and the comfort you need.
However, significant working is required on the finishing and the finesse of these boots. Similarly Vasque Men’s Mantra 2.0 GTX Hiking Shoes are well made, but a little more cushioning would help. If you want to gain more insight on the best hiking boots for men reviews just search online and make your purchase today.